(1) The structure of the stop valve is simpler than the gate valve, and it is convenient to manufacture and maintain.
(2) The sealing surface is not easy to be worn and scratched, and the sealing property is good. There is no relative sliding between the valve flap and the sealing surface of the valve body when opening and closing, so the wear and the scratch are not serious, the sealing performance is good, and the service life is long.
(3) When opening and closing, the valve flap stroke is small, so the height of the shut-off valve is smaller than that of the gate valve, but the structure length is longer than the gate valve.
(4) The opening and closing torque is large, the opening and closing is more laborious, and the opening and closing time is the principal.
(5) The fluid resistance is large, because the medium passage in the valve body is tortuous, the fluid resistance is large, and the power consumption is large.
(6) When the nominal flow pressure of the medium is PN≤16MPa, the downstream flow is generally adopted, and the medium flows upward from the valve flap. When the nominal pressure PN≥20MPa, the counterflow is generally used, and the medium flows downward from the valve flap. To increase the sealability. When in use, the shut-off valve medium can only flow in one direction and cannot change the flow direction.
(7) The valve flap is often eroded when fully open.
The stem axis of the shutoff valve is perpendicular to the seat sealing surface. The valve stem has a relatively short opening or closing stroke and a very reliable shut-off action, making this valve suitable for use as a medium for cutting or regulating and throttling.