1. Confirm the preparation of the ball valve before installation
1. Ensure that the installation position of the ball valve and the pipeline are in the coaxial position. The two flanges on the pipeline should be kept parallel. Confirm that the pipeline can bear the weight of the ball valve. If the pipeline is found to be unable to bear the weight of the ball valve, provide corresponding support for the pipeline before installation.
2. Confirm whether there are impurities, welding slag, etc. in the pipeline. The pipeline must be purged.
3. Check the nameplate of the ball valve and perform full-open and full-close operations on the ball valve several times to confirm that the valve can work normally, and then check all the details of the valve thoroughly to ensure that the valve is intact.
4. Remove the protective covers at both ends of the valve, check whether the valve body is clean, and clean the inner cavity of the valve body. Since the sealing surface of the ball valve is spherical, even tiny debris may cause damage to the sealing surface.
Second, the installation of the ball valve
1. Any section of the ball valve can be installed at the upstream end, and the handle ball valve can be installed at any position of the pipeline. If the ball valve of the actuator (such as gear box, electro-pneumatic actuator) is configured, it must be installed vertically, at the inlet and outlet of the valve，in a horizontal position.
2. Install a gasket between the ball valve flange and the pipeline flange according to the pipeline design requirements.
3. The bolts on the flange should be tightened symmetrically, successively and evenly.
4. If the ball valve adopts pneumatic or electric actuators, complete the installation of the air source and power supply according to the instructions.
3. Inspection after installation of ball valve
1. After installation, start the ball valve to open and close several times, it should be flexible, uniform force, and the ball valve should work normally.
2. According to the design requirements of pipeline pressure, test the sealing performance of the joint surface of the ball valve and the pipeline flange after pressure is applied.